January 29, 2010

The Beauty of Google Analytics

If you ever start a blog or a website be sure to check this out: Google Analytics. Let me tell you what this bad boy does. Analytics will show you how many people are visiting your site, the average time they spend on the site, what day they viewed the site, and where they viewed it from. It is the ultimate form of stalking. I can tell you that on January 21st my blog was viewed 38 times from 8 different states and the average time spent on the site was 2 minutes and 42 seconds. It's pretty great.

I find myself checking it maybe 10 times in the couple of days following a blog post. I like to see where the visits are coming from and try to guess who's been looking at the blog, also pretty great. I clearly need a life, and fast. But until then I will continue to stalk all of you on the internet.

So instead of having this amazing resource kept all to myself I thought that I could get all of you involved as well. Starting today, January 29th, there will be a contest to see which city can amass the most visits by February 5th. The city that wins will get the honor of having me write a blog post praising that city. Also, if you reside in that city during the contest I will buy you a drink of your choice next time I see you. Sounds like something worth playing for? Well too bad, it's all you're going to get. Good luck and Godspeed.

3 comments:

  1. first visit under the new tally-system. Sorry for partly screwing up a pretty neat sytem by not knowing the slightest thing about how it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Second visit of the day... off to rugby practice!

    oh also, Omaha! for botht this and the last post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't Call it a three-peat...

    Back from Practice in Omaha!

    ReplyDelete